The 10 finalists of the Architecture Award Instituto Tomie Ohtake AkzoNobel 2016
The Tomie Ohtake Institute and AkzoNobel announced on Wednesday (11) the ten selected by the jury of the Architecture Award Instituto Tomie Ohtake AkzoNobel 2016. The panel of judges is formed by architects Daniel Corsi Gianfranco Vannucchi and Priscilla Gomes, plus the economist Carlos Vainer. At issue there was an increase in the number of project areas other than residential (52%) and institutional (16.8%) and trade (14.3%).
The selected projects will participate in the exhibition at the headquarters of the Instituto Tomie Ohtake, which will take place from June 23 to August 7. On the occasion of the opening will be announced the three winners who will be awarded with travel to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (1st place), Warsaw, Poland (2nd place) and Santiago, Chile (3rd place). The selected projects will also be gathered in a publication.
The award is aimed at Brazilian architects or foreigners living in Brazil for at least two years, with up to 45 years of age and architectural projects built in the last eight years. It valued the diversity in the expression of architecture, and identity in the current production of the built environment nationwide.
The selected projects are:
- Box House in São Paulo (SP), Yuri Vital Architect;
- Half House Hill in San Francisco Xavier (SP), Denis Joelsons;
- House Vila Matilde in São Paulo (SP), and Land Tuma Architects;
- Peninsula Building in Porto Alegre (RS), of Cantergiani + Kunze Architects;
- Gallery Maxita Yano - Claudia Andujar in Brumadinho (MG), Associates Architects;
- Gymnasium St. Louis College in São Paulo (SP), of Urdi Architecture;
- Parklets sp, São Paulo (SP), William Gambier Ortemblad;
- RB12, in Rio de Janeiro (RJ), of Triptyque Architecture;
- Restoration of IAB-SP Headquarters Building in São Paulo (SP), of Oksman Architects;
- Tuju Restaurant in São Paulo (SP), Steam 324.
Box House in São Paulo (SP), Yuri Vital Architect
Casa de Meia Encosta in São Francisco Xavier (SP), of Denis Joelsons
Casa Vila Matilde in São Paulo (SP), of Terra e Tuma Arquitetos Associados
Edifício Península in Porto Alegre (RS), of Cantergiani+Kunze Arquitetos
Galeria Maxita Yano - Claudia Andujar in Brumadinho (MG), of Arquitetos Associados
Ginásio do Colégio São Luís in São Paulo (SP), of URDI Arquitetura
Parklets sp in São Paulo (SP), of Guilherme Gambier Ortemblad
RB12 in Rio de Janeiro (RJ), of Triptyque Architecture
Restauro do Edifício Sede do IAB-SP in São Paulo (SP), of Oksman Arquitetos Associados
Tuju Restaurante in São Paulo (SP), of Vapor 324